.

Thursday 14 May 2015

We Will Regress You and We Will Find You


This painting is the depiction of a defence mechanism. The bright red framework of the tricycle acts in some ways as a scaffold and shelter or perhaps the battlements of a castle that resists being breached. Both the bear and the skunk are animals with very different methods of offering intimidation and deterrent. I was drawn to creating this painting as I find the idea of regression to be fascinating. I wanted to create a canvas to further explore the establishment of facades as well as human behaviour and the passing of time. I am interested in examining through my painting the possibilities of what might occur when an individual’s personality reverts to an earlier stage of development.

We Will Regress You and We Will Find You Acrylic on Canvas 76cm x 76cm 






No comments:

Post a Comment