.

Thursday 14 May 2015

Trolls


I am utterly fascinated and totally perplexed with the internet trolling craze which has become a prevalent and damaging tick that seems to grow larger as our immersion into cyber societies have evolved. As I am experimenting with facades and personas within my work the topic of trolling has been an interesting subject to transfer onto canvas. I wanted to create a diptych of one male and one female both striking confident poses yet hidden behind masks. The small hooded person hunched over at the feet of each larger figure of bravado is a translation of the shallow confidence that these individuals attach to themselves. Ultimately using totems, cyphers and text I wanted to show how their opportunistic, vicarious personas are so easy to hide behind.

Trolls 1 of 2 Acrylic on Canvas 60cm x 50cm

Trolls 2 of 2 Acrylic on Canvas 60cm x 50cm









No comments:

Post a Comment