.

Monday 5 December 2011

They think that a kingdom can be built on my back

This is a new series I have been working on in between projects. Simple lines and colour along with the introduction of speech bubbles grew from an idea I had about the lines of communication between the living and the dead. I have experienced members of my own family who exhibit no religious belief whatsoever but still whisper an idle word or conversation with a person who is no longer alive. I have no interest in religion but death and people's reaction to it do interest me. The thought of people speaking intently to those they have lost is infinitely fascinating. It's challenging for this project to try to come up with the more mundane and strange things that the living might want to share with the dead. As this series is still in its infancy I'll keep posting the progress. This is quite a lot of finger vomiting but I really like how this project is going. The words are instinctive and the cloud is clean and isolated. I have thirty so far but will post five. The aim is to have around sixty screen prints to cover an entire gallery wall














No comments:

Post a Comment